OverviewThe Align T-rex 100 is FP (fixed pitch) and it is very similar to the Blade mSR. It is a good novice indoor hobby helicopter and a great deal in the available combo packs.
|Check Price Trex 100,||Write A Review!|
The Align T-rex 100 is FP () and it is very similar to the mSR. Other T Rex helicopters are and not for a newbie to helicopter fly. The T Rex 100 however is designed with a less seasoned pilot in mind and is made of a light durable plastic to aid in crash survival.
The newest version of it, the 100X has some improvements over the 100S and also include the ability to control it with your IPhone.
The Whole Package
Align is selling this copter with a 2.4 gz transmitter, 2 lipo batteries, a nice USB powered lipo charger and a flight simulator cable. They also through in the flight simulator software. This they call the super combo and I think it quite a great package for a novice heli pilot.
Comparisons To MSR & MSRX
The T-Rex 100 has a fly bar like the MSR but doesn’t seem to have teh same problems with auto-stabilization that the MSR had reported. The MSRX ios the flybarless version of the MSR with a 3 axis. Align will likely have a flybarless T Rex 100 at somepoint called the TRex 100 3g.
For the price, I think 100x is a better value then the msrx. Msrx got more plastic parts so it feels more like a toy. 100x is a huge improvement over the 100s. If you were comparing to 100s, then get msrx. But comparing it to 100x, I would get 100x. Don’t get me wrong, msrx is a great little heli. You really can’t go wrong with either one. Some shops sell the 100x with an extra battery. So you get 3 batteries in the kit.
Let the fun begin!
What is the point of the T100?
At this point there’s no indication that the T100 will be sold in a BNF package and it appears that it will ONLY work with the toy radio that it comes with.
In fact, there’s really nothing “new” that this thing brings to the table, except the “Align” name on a sub-micro.
So I’m thinking, what is Align really trying to accomplish with this thing?
antmeeks on Helifreak
T-REX 100S Features:
- Utilizes AFHDS 2.4GHz frequency hopping technology for interference avoidance and stability.
- Radio transmitter features computer simulator output compatible with 3rd party R/C airplane and helicopter simulation software, and includes an adapter cable for FMS (a freeware simulation software).
- Supports MODE 1/MODE 1/MODE 3 controller modes.
- Design encompasses both agility and stability characteristics.
- Utilizes hobby grade micro servos.
- Reinforced frame designed for flight stability, crash sustainability, and longevity.
- NiMH/LiPo battery charging capability, capable of charging while flying.
- Convenient USB charge port, allowing PC USB port or any portable 5V USB power adapters to be used for charging the transmitter NiMH battery.
- Charging status and power capacity display.
- Blue backlit LCD display panel.
- 5-in-1 electronic board consisting of receiver, ESC, headinglock gyro, servos, and mixing functions.
T-REX 100S Helicopter Specifications:
Main Rotor: 192mm
Tail Rotor: 36mm
Motor Drive Gear: 9T
Weight (With Motor): 27.8g
Flying Weight: Approx. 32g
T-REX 100S Super Combo:
- T-REX 100S Kit set
- AT 100 2.4GHz Radio Controller
- 2 Li-Polymer Battery
- USB Cable
- USB Cable
- FMS Simulator Cable
- FMS CD-Rom